August 31, 2003

And the Republicans Are Called the Stoopid Party

Interesting polling of Democrats:

Two-thirds of voters including two-thirds of Democrats were unable to name any of the Democratic candidates for president, said the CBS News poll out Sunday.

Now I realize that most of the populace isn't as aware of what's going on in the world as most of us bloggers are, but come on! Presumably, most of these Democrats voted for one of these guys for VP just under three years ago.

Four in 10 Democratic voters said they were satisfied with the current field of nine candidates, while half said they would like more choices.

Isn't it strange that 67% of Democrats can't name any of The Nine, and yet, somehow, since 40% of them are satisfied with their choices, then at least 7% of Democrats somehow know that there are nine candidates even if they don't know who they are. But stranger still, at least 50% of Democrats want more choices, meaning that at least 17% of Democrats want someone else to run even though they don't know who is running.

I know this isn't terribly meaningful, but do the folks at CBS conducting this poll have any idea how silly this is?

Posted by Charles Austin at August 31, 2003 05:58 PM
Comments

They can't do math, can't punch paper ballots, don't know much about civic life.. public school education is good for something after all. heh :-)

Posted by: Suman Palit at 12:58 AM

Brings to mind a Poll I saw during the thick of the Gulf War. Question was, do you think Saddam is alive or dead. Don't remember the exact numbers now (not really important) but a bunch of people said yes, and bunch said no, but only a small minority (~15%) said they didn't know. I strongly doubt the other 85%(?) had any special information . . .

Posted by: Geo at 08:39 PM